Received my 2013 Packers Season Ticket waiting list number!
This kind of messes up my projection. It was at 105 years previously. Drawing another regression line gives me 60 years. But the people mentioned in the article above got theirs in in 33 years (their father apparently put their names on the list when they were born). Gives me hope!
Hello all, I’ve moved all of my posts here pertaining to the NFL confidence pool picks to a dedicated site, www.confidencepoolpicks.com. Please check it out! I’ll be posting all new material there.
Week 4 has two natural contrarian picks: Pittsburgh over Minnesota (61% win probability for Pittsburgh but only 39% of the people picking them) and Detroit over Chicago (59%, 35%). Not as good as last week‘s contrarian picks, but pretty good nonetheless. Another interesting choice this week is Seattle with only a 57% probability over Houston, but with 79% of the people picking Seattle.
I decided to take both the Pittsburgh and Detroit picks and go up to 9 and 8 confidence points, which i read more
Week 3 saw my team take 3rd place in the Yahoo Pick ‘Em league. It makes me feel better that my dad took first place based off two upset picks, Bengals over Packers and KC over Philly. When I asked my dad if he used my strategy, he proudly said he went by gut feel. It also helped that he’s a die hard Cowboys fan and picked them for 14 points.
Here are the results of the first few places, my team highlighted in yellow:
<a title="Confidence Pool Picks – Week 3" href="http://www read more
I love having Thursday night games… it just makes us do my Yahoo PickEm picks earlier! It’s like football never ends… which I guess isn’t a bad thing.
For Week 3, there seem to be a bunch of good contrarian picks. I must admit, they do seem counter-intuitive to me. Miami favored over Atlanta? Carolina over the Giants? But the people who make the lines in Vegas have a lot more incentive to get it right than you and me, and it gives us the advantage in a Yahoo Pick em lea read more
Here are my confidence pool picks for Week 2 of the 2013 NFL Season. This week gave us a few more contrarian picks than last week, where I had to go all in with a win probability of 34% (San Diego upsetting Houston on Monday night). That ALMOST worked out as San Diego had the lead most of the game and only a Houston TD and pick 6 in the 4th quarter tied the game, with Houston pulling out a game winning FG as time ran out to drop me out of first place.
[<a title="NFL Pick ‘Em/Confidence Game read more
There are many questions about what role the arts play in education. Orchestra, choir, band, theater are usually electives at a high school. They are often the first to be cut when budgets need cutting. But being in an orchestra taught me valuable lessons that would ultimately land me a job offer.
I started playing the violin when I was 4 years old. My mom said it was to give me something to do, but I’m sure being born into an Asian family had something to do with it as well. I played in the read more
A few weeks ago I received my Packer Season ticket waiting list priority number:
With the added data point, here’s what the new graph looks like:
And the new projected year of getting my season tickets: 2105. Who’s coming with me?
The NFL put out a statement today about the call. It basically said:
“The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.”
Note it said “supports the decision to not overturn” and not “this was the correct call.” This is basically the NFL covering themselves and the replacement officials, even though that statement is questionable. The call itself was wrong; read more
OK here’s some stuff based off video from NFL.com. To review, here’s the rule about simultaneous possession:
“If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control.”
From the pics I’m about to show, this rule might not even matter. It doesn’t even look like there was simultaneous p read more
Sign up for updates!
"There's no need to search for 'guilty' parties that may have 'caused' my retirement. I am leaving to pursue the same dream as William Procter and James Gamble in 1837."
Doug Hall, Jump Start Your Brain
- packers movers in raipur on Packer Season Ticket Update – 2013
- Tom on Packer Season Ticket Update – 2013
- Packer Season Ticket Update – 2013 | Wild Ting Blog on Packers stock sale!
- Post One | Goldtree - Welcome to our blog on Google adwords vs. the Bullsheet – upset special!
- Tony on Are ants attracted to Diet Coke? An experiment!